Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Checking In!



Hey everyone, yes I am still kickin'! I disappeared for a while; I kinda imploded. Not a pretty picture. I was burned out big time with blogging and I had to take a step back and take care of me a bit. My food allergies had become so intense I was getting desperate for help, life was miserable! I knew I would have to get serious and come up with some kind of a plan to get better and quick. 



I did just that, and I hope to have the time to write about it all one day because perhaps my story would help someone else. I started with the AIP diet, bone broth, gelatin, fermented foods and Kombucha just to let you know that much for now.


And yes, I did get better! I still have food allergies and other issues but they are not as bad and I feel so much better now. But I have a lot on my plate still too, I had 6 to 9 kids everyday this summer. I have a sweet little grand baby who I call our little overachiever. He's just about 10 months old and already able to climb out of his pac n play, I expect him to be walking in the next week or so. 

He's the busiest happiest, most energetic child I have ever seen! He keeps me on my toes, er uh feet, all day long; literally! I stand by him most of the time because he moves so fast and is into everything, plus I am also protecting him against being hurt by the other kids as they come running around a corner or something. 


So, today is the first day of school and that's why I took some time to get this written. I survived another summer with the kids and I feel like having a party! Over at Hill House I am going to be posting a recipe soon for Prickly Pear Jam.

How are you all doing anyway? Your kidos back in school yet? Let me know whats going on with you ok?






Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2015 All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting, Connie ! I am so sorry you had and still have health problems, but am glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. Your grandson is adorable and I think once he starts to walk, the other kids will need to be careful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. School does not start til the end of August around here. You certainly have had a time, but I am glad to hear you feel better. That little guy is a cutie. I got a little tired just looking at his pictures. The energy bounces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable child! So sorry you have been fighting food allergies. My husband and I have been fighting a series of minor health issues for a couple of years now, and it's no fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!