Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wonderful Vintage Information


Louise from Months of Edible Celebrations left a comment on my post Mason Jars where I wrote about how I use my Mason jars on my blender. I went to Louise's blog to check it out and she has lots of information about using jars on your blender! I was thrilled to see that she had copied some vintage booklets explaining how to use them properly complete with illustrations and a few recipes. Wow, love that! Thanks Louise for this wonderful look back! Check out her blog yourself; you will love the time savings you get when using your blender this way; with your hardworking Mason jars.
pint widemouth jar with a 4 oz baby bottle inside
One more way I use my Mason jars! I fill my jar about 1/3 to 1/2 with water, heat in microwave for 30 seconds, up to 1 minute and a 1/2, (never more than that!) depending on the beginning temp of the bottle I’m warming. (if it came out of the fridge or not) I carefully place the bottle into the warm water, and one happy baby is soon to be had!

Please note!!! I am always very careful to not have little ones close by when I take things out of the microwave. Be sure not to over heat it as over heated water sometimes can explode when it is moved. Please be safe, and have the kids stay back; don’t hold the baby while you are taking the jar from the microwave either! I only use new microwave safe jars, I don't use yardsale, thrift store finds or vintage jars in the microwave. Ok? Be safe, and not sorry!

Update:
I made a huge mistake and orginally posted the link to Months of Edible Creations blogger as Jesse; but the wonderful, gracious lady who is Months of Edible Creations is in fact, Louise! Wow! I am so sorry about that Louise and thanks for pointing that out to me. Thank you for understanding too!

If you love anything vintage, be sure and check out her blog, it's full of vintage source books, recipes booklets, etc. Great recipes too. You will get a beautiful glimpse back at what our grandmothers and maybe your mother had in their day. I love that!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie,

    Thank you so very much for featuring my post on your blog. That was so kind of you.

    Love the tip about the "bottle warmer." Not that I'll be having any need for it ever again:) Well, maybe as a grandma I might:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!