Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lacey Shelton, Local Artist

I want to introduce you to a local artist here in Arizona, Lacey Shelton. I had the pleasure of meeting her and seeing her works in person several years ago. They are special! Her name came up on my Facebook page and I wanted to see what she had been up to and what she was painting these days. Well I was not disappointed!

This is Love Calling


Her work is being sold commercially through Overstock.com, and here is the link for you.

Attracted to the Light

Here is her Artist Statement:
“My work is inspired by nature, particularly birds and other delicate creatures, as well as things man has made: bikes, typewriters, street lights, chairs, et cetera. I enjoy bringing these elements together by thoughtfully balancing them as the foreground subjects in a painting. The subjects appear to float and are showcased apart from their natural setting to simplify their formal beauty, along with communicating a conceptual theme. My abstract backgrounds allow the foreground subjects to breathe, in that they are not tightly rendered, nor realistic, but they set a stage for another kind of environment. Juxtaposing the realistic subjects with the abstract backgrounds gives the work a modern tone on a colorful, vivid plane. Acrylic lends itself to the quick and spontaneous backgrounds I enjoy.
The conceptual ideas behind my work range from fun and whimsical to thought provoking and spiritual. Inner beauty, character, hope, faith, and living life abundantly all characterize the underlying meanings. Birds represent this element of abundant life to me because these simple beauties are around us all of the time; if we pay attention, these little gifts given can brighten a day, and a lifetime. I appreciate painting common things, sparrows and wrens, to highlight their sometimes overlooked beauty. Adding an element of life, a butterfly, a person, a bird, makes the painting come alive. My vision is to bring the viewer to this deeper sense of beauty all around, even in things seen every day, and uncover true beauty within.”

Every Word You Write is Love

Lacey writes that “I am also delighted to work on private commissions with personalized subject matter & also portraits.  My original oil paintings can be purchased, as well as custom sized reproduction prints on canvas can be made to order.”
Visit her website at www.laceyshelton.com for more information about her work as well as her contact info. Isn't her work lovely?


Copyright© Family Home and Life 2012 All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I'll have to ask my Arizona-living daughter if she's heard of Lacey Shelton. She's definitely succeeded at this: "My vision is to bring the viewer to this deeper sense of beauty all around, even in things seen every day, and uncover true beauty within."

    Thank you for introducing her and her lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!