Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Mother's Day will be here before we know it! I am looking around for some ideas that I can help the grand kids make for mom. I have included some ideas here for little ones to older kids. I'm sure you will find something you like. 


P1160272

This idea is exciting! I could have the kids draw pictures of themselves to make a card for mom. Or.....I could have them draw a picture of mom and then print them onto stationary as a gift for mom. Hmm.... I really like both those ideas! Go to Art Club Blog to learn how.

festa della mamma, collana fai da te

This necklace idea looks fun too and mom would really love it :) See more at Parola di Laura.


This is really beautiful! I would love one of these so I know a mom would. Callie's Crafts has the tutorial to show you how you can make one.

P1160586

This is a fun idea.....why not use this painting technique to paint a picture of mom or the child as mom's gift? Perhaps 'plant' it in a small flower pot perhaps with flowers? You could add hair made from string or yarn too if you wanted. Art Club Blog is where you will find the how to's for this one. 

Aztec Bib Necklace Tutorial by Rena Klingenberg

The Jewelry Making Journal made this pretty Aztec Bib Necklace and it is a project an older child could handle. Very nice. 


Does mom have a favorite book? These tiny book bookmarks are darling and a good project for older kids. Buttons and Paint has a supply list and directions for you.

P1160393

All moms love flowers and these will last for years. Use them as they are or decorate a photo frame with them or string them on string like a garland. Origami Flowers; a good project for older kids. This is another Art Club Blog creation! 

All of these ideas are from Wow Us Wednesday and are my features. You all have been piined and if you would like a Featured button you will find on in my sidebar.
I link at these parties. 

If you are reading this post anywhere else but at www.FamilyHomeandLife.com then it was used without permission! Please report it! Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2013 All Rights Reserved

32 comments:

  1. These are great. We would love to have you share this post at this weeks Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to leave the link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/04/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_16.html
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jewelry is always a safe bet :) I love the little test tube vases at the design pallet – https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDesignPallet. they are perfect for all those dandelions and “yard flowers” that the kiddos bring in for mom all spring and summer long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited to see what my daughter made me for Mother's Day. She was at her grandma's and was talking about what she made. It's a surprise!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little book idea! So cute :) Thanks for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun ideas! I still have so many precious treasures of things my kids made me when they were little. I treasure them!

    I love that you are helping your grandchildren make something. What a precious time with them!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing" linky party today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Roundup. Thanks for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to check out Art Club Blog. Love the projects you featured!

    Sadly I've done nothing other than cards for Mother's Day this year. Some years I do things. Some years I don't.

    Thanks for sharing these ideas at Fabulously Frugal Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring our "Mini Book" bookmarks! xxx
    buttonsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! I'm thinking about homemade beauty products this year for my mom.
    Or a coffee mug with family pics on it. I live FAR (2,800+ miles) from my mom and miss her terribly!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, I craft and yet I always end up buying something because I leave everything til the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that topiary from callie's crafts! thanks for sharing, Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy to see my butterfly ball in your list. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection of ideas for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share. Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really unique items!Thanks for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always fun to have some more ideas. I need all the help I can get!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing ways to honor our Mom's this Mother's Day on allthingswithpurpose.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Found you on the PP Party and am pinning these ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring this post at Family Fun Friday!
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Featured this at Family Fun Friday! HappyandBlessedHome.com
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun post! Lots of great gift ideas for Mom.
    I'm visiting you today from Hepworth's. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Tile Photo Coasters ~ Gift Idea

    ReplyDelete
  22. fun round up! Thanks for taking the time to link up to Tasteful Tuesdays @Nap-TimeCreations.com. I do feature round ups on Saturdays and Tuesdays now, so make sure you are following the blog in some way so you know if YOU are featured...GFC, facebook or bloglovin are my recommendations :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My goodness, I can't believe you have three of my projects in your list of gift ideas. Thank you so much! I'm truly honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that heart necklace ! Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party, Connie :-) {hope you are feeling better yet!}

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, these are great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing at Crafty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some really fun ideas. thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a terrific ideas! Please share it (and any others) on my family-focused Kid Corner @ http://wp.me/p280y0-SQ. You may just get highlighted next week :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a great round up of ideas. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!