Saturday, April 20, 2013

Say It Saturday

Welcome to Say It Saturday! It's going to be a ice tea kind of day here. Most of the yard work I wanted to do is done, and I am going to take a break from the re organizing and go shopping. Then I plan to enjoy the afternoon and just relax! Have you ever tried a recipe or food idea that you found online that just didn't work?



I decided to try a recipe I have seen on Pinterest for Pizza monkey bread. Seemed like a good idea; I had a kitchen helper with nothing to do and it was about lunch time, and I had the ingredients on hand. In all fairness; I did not have an actual recipe in front of me -  seemed simple enough and I didn't think I would need a recipe. You take a can of biscuits and cut them into quarters then dip them into pasta sauce. The biscuit pieces are placed into an oiled dish sprinkled with cheese and other pizza ingredients then baked. Smells incredibly delicious while baking. 


Now remember that I can not eat this dish being gluten free and all so I happily served it to the kids. They took one bite and said it was gross! Disgusting! Yuk! I have no idea why it didn't taste good. I can't taste it. I quickly found something else for lunch and when the man of the house came home I asked him to taste it and tell me what was wrong with it. He wrinkled up his face and said it didn't taste good. He couldn't tell me why he didn't like it but it wasn't good. Well, that was that. How can you mess up something so easy? They only thing I could think of is that I used biscuits that were buttermilk and perhaps it had a sour taste. I will try gain one day and not use that kind. Have you ever made pizza monkey bread? How did yours turn out? 

I am so glad you stopped by!

Button pic 9

This is a link up for older bloggers; but you don't need to be a grandparent to link up. Link up to three post, not to your home page, and link that back to Family Home and Life. While you are here I hope you will visit the other linkers and come back to see who links up later. We all love comments! No Etsy shops or giveaways please. This link closes on Monday night. 
Be sure to visit Lisa at Grandma's Briefs to join her linky, GRAND Social, on Mondays. Thank you for linking up with me!







If you are reading this post anywhere else but at www.FamilyHomeandLife.com then it was used without permission! Please report it! Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2013 All Rights Reserved

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Connie, Oh dear, that is so disappointing for everyone. There is nothing like the anticipation when cooking or baking, but then to be disappointed at the final outcome....what a shame.
    I am always careful when posting recipes because I would hate someone to follow the recipe and to be disappointed. The trouble with baking is, it could be the person's oven temperature, it could be that the flour does not have enough raising agent. This does not apply to you though, I hope your family enjoy the bread next time around. Just out of interest, Monkey Bread is something I am not familiar with. Looking at your photos they appear to be a type of roll.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about that recipe !! :( but the little COOK is so darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe sounds delicious. I can't imagine why it wouldn't taste good, even with buttermilk biscuits. : )
    Have a great iced tea day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, sorry about your pizza recipe! If it were just the kids I'd say "picky, picky!" But when grandpa has a problem too, it's bad!
    I am mostly a Pinterest collector - not a doer, but once in awhile I'll have a craft project that flops really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've definitely had that experience, but it does make for a good post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure have had things that didn't turn out. I always wonder if it was me or the recipe. Sometimes I get a little too creative. Oh well! Nothing ventured nothing gained. I brought one of my favorites to the party this week. A grilled cheese green chile burger. I made it for a party I co-host on Saturday's called Saturday Dishes. I hope that you and your followers will stop in and share something:
    http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/beef-saturday-dishes/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amara and I made Mini Pizza Monkey breads and we loved them! I'm adding it to today's party. I linked it many months ago so hope it is OK to do it again!

    I'm usually a good cook but I had a major failure once, too. Tried out a new recipe that sounded and smelled great and we all took one bite and we went to Taco Bell! We still laugh about it and figure we can never do worse!

    Thanks for hosting today! Hope you enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made monkey bread, but the value of actually doing it is that instructions don't always turn out the way you expect. As for the idea that it might taste good, my husband doesn't like pizza because he thinks you are taking all these good ingredients - cheese, tomatoes, pepperoni, and turning it into a mix that doesn't taste good. Different tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had that happen, too. I've seen that recipe and thought it sounded so good. I've found out trying new things with guests doesn't always work. But sometimes it's a winner. Now I try them out on my son-in-law and watch to see how many helpings he takes. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm, it sure sounds like it should be good. Very intriguing! Hope the rest of the week's cooking goes much more smoothly. :) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, but I made bubble up pizza once, real simple but we didn't like it very much. The kids liked it more than we did but not enough so I never made it again, lol!

    FYI, just wanted you to know that the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party is up and ready for you to link up your posts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know Ice Tea now is sounding so good to me now that the weather is starting to get nice and warm for us. Don't you hate it when a recipe doesn't taste as good as it looks? sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I've definitely tried a few recipes I've found online that weren't good. But mostly it's a pretty decent venture. I hate it, though, when you can't figure out what's off about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Connie,
    Thanks for the comment and checking out my new website. I took a look at your site and I must say it's beautiful. This is all fresh to me so I can only hope I get to your point of success some day. I think I linked in to your blog and I would would like to add your site as a link on my website as well if you would like. I do write from the male perspective(go figure) but my information many times can be used by both men and women. I do want to make sure I don't alienate the female viewers. If you have any tips I would greatly appreciate them.

    Have a great week, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually the recipe sounds like it would be delicious.. I can't imagine what would have made it taste bad? I've been trying to think and can't come up with anything..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!