Saturday, July 20, 2013

Say It Saturday

Teaser alert! Hi everyone, last week I told you we were trying to finish some projects and I was doing some painting. Why do things take so much longer when you get older? Yes I am still working on it though I did finish the kitchen cabinets. Didn't get pics though before it got dark so maybe next week.

Below is what we are trying to finish up today; it's my new pantry! We are down to painting the door and trim on this project. I'm showing you the before and hope to have a completed project to show you next week.  




We had cabinets on the wall before like this. 


There is a closet in the play/guest room behind this wall so I thought perhaps we could punch through the wall and use a portion of it for a pantry and it worked! Taking down the cabinets has really opened up the space and I am loving it! The shelves are in and the door is on. I have even filled it up already!  There is still a lot of paint touch ups to do...all the baseboards need to be painted and walls always get banged up when you move things around. So, there you have it, another weekend of honey do's for both of us!

How is your honey do list? Does it take you a long time or do you speed through projects?

I'm so glad you stopped by today!
  • This is a link up for older bloggers; but you don't need to be a grandparent to link up. 
  • Link up to three post, not to your home page, and link that back to Family Home and Life. 
  • While you are here I hope you will visit the other linkers and come back to see who links up later. We all love comments! 
  • No Etsy shops or giveaways please. This link closes on Monday night. 
Be sure to visit Lisa at Grandma's Briefs to join her linky, GRAND Social, on Mondays. Thank you for linking up with me!



If you are reading this post anywhere else but at www.FamilyHomeandLife.com then it was used without permission! Please report it! Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2013 All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. I will just sit back and watch you work....:)
    Can't wait to see everything when it's all done...looks as if you are close to the finish line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I can't wait to see the "after!"

    Here I was, all excited to go make a mason jar tote....now I want to find a wall to punch out and make a new pantry. Stop it. LOL!

    (Love the growth chart!)

    Happy Weekend! :)

    Love, Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten more relaxed about our projects...no more killin' myself! We had all the windows and doors replaced in May and I'm *still* doing touch-up painting! Next up: the bathroom redo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it finished. My husband and I are finally able to start working slowly in our home. We just got our guest room painted and I am in the process of decorating now.. After that I havent' decided which room I want to paint next. I want to paint our kitchen cabinets white but thats going to be a big job so I may just go room by room counter clockwise. We are also working slowly, between his health and mine it will get done just not as fast as I'd like..LOL
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! It's always exciting to see our great ideas work out in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the reveal :-)
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!