Saturday, August 3, 2013

Say It Saturday

Hello SIS'ters! Welcome once again to Say It Saturday. School started this week for some of the grand kids, in 2 weeks for the others. Can you believe it?! It always feels like summer is nearly over once school starts but the reality here in the Phoenix valley is that it will be hot for a loooong time still; right up and into October. And even then, it is still pretty bad outside. Why am I going on about this so much?



Well, I guess it's because I feel like I have been on a kind of marathon with all the grand kids here this summer. It has taken it's toll on me for sure along with the heat. I feel like I am crawling to the finish line and just made it in the nick of time. I am Whooped with a capital W! School starting gives me a bit of a break in one way cause it's quieter here during the day, but I will be picking kids up from school this year which means packing up and buckling in the three 2 years olds and that is a job in it's selfYes I have been a little MIA in blog land but once I can get my breath you will see/hear a little more from me :) 

I really must plan for next summer because I was behind all the time this summer. I didn't do half the things I wanted to with the kids. Yes I always have bigger dreams than can come to pass but I could have done a better job with more planning.

It's fun to watch the kids grow and change over the years and how their play time changes. This summer fort building and playing with dolls and stuffed toys was about all they wanted to do. They would arrive, begin to build a fort for themselves, gather the dolls and toy animals then start the role playing. They would gather all the blankets and sheets they could find and one day after coming out of the bathroom I found my bed stripped down to the bare mattress! It happened in minutes! I drew the line there and asked for no more using my bed linens from my bed.

Once, one of the girls was a vet and another of the girls had brought her a stuffed dog that needed surgery. The 'vet' came out of the 'surgery' room with out the dog. The dog 'owner' was concerned because her dog was left alone. The 'vet' said "oh no, it's not alone, the other vets are taking care of it right now." She was pretending she had colleagues in her practice. The dog 'owner' was upset and said "You can't pretend you have other vets in there! My doggie is all alone!" So apparently while pretending,  don't pretend! this is serious stuff! I will miss my big kids that are in school this year.

Has school started for your grand kids yet? I'm so glad you are here, thanks for coming!
  • This is a link up for older (senior) bloggers; but you don't need to be a grandparent to link up. 
  • Link up to three post, not to your home page, and link that back to Family Home and Life. 
  •    While you are here I hope you will visit the other linkers and come back to see who links up later. We all love comments! 
  • No Etsy shops or giveaways please. This link closes on Monday night. 
Be sure to visit Lisa at Grandma's Briefs to join her linky, GRAND Social, on Mondays. Thank you for linking up with me!



If you are reading this post anywhere else but at www.FamilyHomeandLife.com then it was used without permission! Please report it! Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2013 All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling exhausted from the grandchildren. If it weren't so rewarding and they weren't so darn much fun, I suppose we'd quit doing it : )

    You'll be busy now too with picking up small ones after school. You have more energy than I do : )

    Bless you and thank you for the hops each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all that you have going on I'd say that making your bed in the first place is enough for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! My grandkids use the couch and loveseat cushions with blankets draped over them for their fort! They eat in there, sleep in there, play..... well, you get the picture. It keeps them so busy I don't mind the clean-up afterward. Then, they go home to mom and dad so I can rest! Thanks for the party. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute story about pretending! Just a day ago I was informed by one of the 4 year old twin boys that if one of them is holding a flashlight, he cannot play with the green tanker on the train set....huh? But that was their rule and I didn't dare question it or comment!
    Exhausted - yeah, I know the definition too! Best wishes with your easier schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pretending thing. They take it so serious and their imaginations are endless. But I know what you mean about being worn out!
    Thank you for the party.
    Hugs,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww what fun stories. My grandsons LOVE to make forts too. I have a big and little couch with pillows that all come off so they rearrange them to their hearts content. When they are feeling really ambitious they grab all the pillows in their playroom as well. And even, occasionally, a blanket or two to cover it all (usually during winter - too hot for summer :) ). In fact, the remains of a fort are on my couch in the form of misreplaced pillows. :) Thanks for reminding me to rearrange them. And have a lovely week. And yes, one of my grandkids goes back to school next week! YOWZA! Talk about a SUPER speedy summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. I hear ya about being whooped. Little ones never run out of energy...The pretending story was hilarious! I remember when my niece and nephews would pretend play and come over my house and use all my blankets and couch cushions to make forts. Sure do miss those days..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!