- To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
- If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant 'fix-me-up.'
- If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
- When using a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving.
- To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave beside a cup of water and microwave for a few seconds. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster. (I use this tip all the time, works great!)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
I receive some good tips in my email from time to time; here are a few. I have no idea who the original idea came from. I'm sure some are new, and others very old. I just wanted to share them with you.