Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kitchen Tips

I receive some good tips in my email from time to time; here are a few. I have no idea who the original idea came from. I'm sure some are new, and others very old. I just wanted to share them with you.






  • To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
  • If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant 'fix-me-up.'
  • If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
  • When using a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving.
  • To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave beside a cup of water and microwave for a few seconds. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster. (I use this tip all the time, works great!)

1 comment:

  1. Great tips Connie! I so something similar with the microwave - I cover things with a slightly dampened paper towel. The moisture does the same thing and it keeps anything from spattering, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!