Monday, October 3, 2011

Corn Flake Balls

Cornflake Balls photo courtesy of Claudia

A follower, Claudia Mitchell, sent me this recipe and I decided to post it here. I have a peanut allergy so I didn't try it myself, but I enjoyed reading the recipe and thought you would too.

Cornflake Balls

6 cups corn flakes, any brand
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
In a medium sauce pan, bring to a boil the sugar and syrup stirring constantly. This will burn easily, be careful. As soon as it starts a rolling boil take off fire, add peanut butter and stir together.

Measure out cornflakes in big bowl, pour peanut butter mixture on top and stir, it will wear your arm out stirring and you will at first think you don't have enough goop, but just keep at it. When the flakes are evenly coated, use a teaspoon and put butter or cooking spray on it.  Also spray a big sheet of wax paper or butter it, measure a heaping spoonful and form a ball with your fingers . Let cool.  I found this recipe  in  the "Old Union Cumberland Presbyterian Cook  Book"  (the church is located in Magazine,  Arkansas)

Thanks Claudia!

*Join me in June 2012 for my new link up party, Wow Us Wednesdays.*

1 comment:

  1. Does sound like a great recipe AND you get a good arm workout at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!