Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jewelery Organizing

I had a big jewelery chest on a stand that had doors that opened on each side for necklaces and drawers down the middle. It was a great jewelry box but it took up a lot of room. At one point I had my husband take the stand off it and then sat it on top of my dresser. Well, we recently remodeled our closet and no longer use dressers to store our clothes. I have to say I like the new closet so much better. My small items are in cloth bins and everything else is on a shelf or a hanger.

But what to do with the jewelry chest now? I have an antique dresser that I kept but I didn't want the jewelry chest sitting on that.


So I emptied a drawer in the dresser, found some plastic ice cube trays and other plastic bins, and put all my jewelry in that one drawer. The ice cube trays stack nicely on top of each other. I love this new arrangement because I can see everything at one glance instead of opening all the different drawers and doors. I worried that my necklaces might get tangled but that has not been a problem at all. Also without the jewelry box out on a dresser top it looks better too; less clutter.


 What do you think?


I linked to Made by you Monday at Skip to my Lou, and Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie.




Copyright ©  Family Home and Life 2010-2012    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!