Friday, October 12, 2012

Reading to Babies?


The other day I had my hands full with two cranky one year old's and a over energetic four yr old. While I was putting the babies down to nap, perhaps earlier than necessary (ahem, the day started with them arriving at six a.m. thank you very much). The four year old decided to read stories to her stuffed toys while I was busy with the babies. When I came back and sank gratefully in my chair for a much needed break, she handed me a stack of books she had read. I thought she was going to ask me to read to her; but instead she said, "Now it's your turn; you read to my babies." I politely declined. 




Would you have read to the stuffed toy babies anyway?





I have had a lot of content theft lately. If you are reading this post anywhere else but at Family Home and Life then it was used without permission! Copyright© Family Home and Life 2012 All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

  1. I believe I would have done as you did. Kindly declined and taken the well deserved rest.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have done exactly as you did .... or I may have read a small book or two. It depends on the day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my day had started that early I probably would not have been all thaat polite about declining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was a combined read to the dolls and the grand for his/her nap --- then yes! But not just the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On an idyllic day - one sweet little girl in attendance, both of us sleeping in til noon, and all housework complete, well, of course! Under the circumstances you described? Nah! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those of us who keep our grandbabies go above and beyond as it is! :) It's OK (necessary, actually!) to take care of ourselves... so that we can continue to take care of our grandbabies! :)
    ~Joy @Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would have gone along with the game and read to the stuffed toys. If you were simply too exhausted for such a game, I think I would have told her Grandma was too tired to read and asked her if the stuffed toys could read to Grandma. This doesn't always work, my husband once asked our Grandson, who was easily able to read it himself, to read a book to him. Our grandson replied, "That's what Grandpas are for." Of course, Grandpa read to him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!