Saturday, February 16, 2013

Grandparent's Say It Saturday

Wow the weeks go by fast! I had that awful flu last week and I am having a hard time getting back on my feet. It has left me rather weak and I still have a bad cough.  Have you managed to stay well or have you had a round of being sick this winter?

My husband made the kids a sandbox and one day I will post the instructions for it. It was rather simple to make and not at all expensive. We don't do anything expensive around here. We took the truck to a landscape supply for the sand instead of going to Home Depot and buying it in the bags. The sand cost around $27, we had more than enough for this sandbox and it is a lot cleaner than the sand we previously bought in the bags as well as less expensive. I am very happy with this new sandbox; of course the kids love it! There is also a lid that goes with it to keep the cats out. 


Playing in the sandbox in your jammies is the only way to go! Shhhh! Don't tell their mommies ;) Happy weekend everyone!




Button pic 9

This is a link up for older bloggers; but you don't need to be a grandparent to link up. Link up to three post, not to your home page, and link that back to Family Home and Life. While you are here I hope you will visit the other linkers and come back to see who links up later. We all love comments! No Etsy shops or giveaways please. This link closes on Monday night. 
Be sure to visit Lisa at Grandma's Briefs to join her linky, GRAND Social, on Mondays. Thank you for linking up with me!









If you are reading this post anywhere else but at Family Home and Life then it was used without permission! Please report it! Copyright © Family Home and Life 2010-2013 All Rights Reserved

10 comments:

  1. Get well ( or TOTALLY well ) soon, Connie!

    That's an awesome sandbox! With yet another coating of snow that fell last evening I forget that some parts have warmer weather, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon!
    My computer shows that one of my links came up twice! Linky doesn't usually allow that and I didn't put it in twice, so don't know how that happened. Sorry. Feel free to delete one!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your lovely blog. It's nice to be able to link arms with a grandMOMMY blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flu is a terrible thing to have; get well soon. I see a sandbox in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon! This crud all across the nation is so darn hard to get rid of. I thought mine was getting close to ending, then it hit full force again yesterday.

    Love the sandbox!

    Thank you for hosting. (Email me about Daisy.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get over it soon. Grampy and I had it and like Lisa -- we thought it was almost gone when it came back with a vengeance! We were almost 3 weeks before we were "normal" again. Hope you recover lots quicker.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip to buy sand at landscaping place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what Grandmas are for! Letting you play in the sandbox in your pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did something similar for our Grandson. Don't kids just love playing in sand? You got a great deal on the sand, we opted to buy it by the bag at Home Depot. Cost a lot more, our landscape supply couldn't guarantee the sand was silica free plus we don't have a truck and delivery would have the made the price higher. Looks like they are having a great time! I linked into the party..but accidentally put my name instead of the title..lol I thought I had this thing down..wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better soon! Sandboxes are great and who cares about the jammies - that's what washing machines are for! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave a comment!